Who Builds the Most Reliable RV?
Buying recreational vehicles is a huge decision, and you want to make sure your investment doesn’t go to waste. As experts in all types of RVs, we know exactly what you should be looking for in an RV and what you should expect from your RV brand. In an effort to lend a helping hand, we’ve compiled a list of tips and resources to help you make the most informed RV purchase possible.
Who Builds the Most Reliable RV?
How do you choose the right partner for your RV journey? Here are a few critical things to consider when assessing RV build quality and the quality of an RV brand.
- Safety should be your number one concern. Safety is the last thing you should overlook when purchasing an RV. At Jayco, we take your safety seriously. For example, our Towables are code compliant and come with foundation, smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, backup and side marker camera prep and emergency exit windows.
- Ensure that the RV’s foundation is solid. With all of the fancy gadgets and features, looking at an RV can feel a bit overwhelming at first. That’s why it’s important to review the essentials before anything else. This includes things like the RV’s roof, chassis, underbelly, flooring and insulation (more on insulation later). For example, the chassis of a reliable RV will have a frame with outriggers that aren’t too far apart and extend outward far enough to support the full width of the body. Additionally, you should review the underbelly of the RV to make sure that it has a sealed barrier and wheel wells to prevent moisture, debris and rodents from causing damage. At Jayco we design all of our frames specifically to best support each unit.
- Assess if the RV is ready for all kinds of weather. Any time you’re traveling, you should be prepared for all types of environments and weather - especially if you are camping. While adventuring in your RV, you want your central air and heating to be completely reliable. When reviewing the quality of a RV’s central air system, you should specifically ask about the duct work to ensure that air is effectively distributed throughout the entire RV - you should also ask for a demonstration. Additionally, check to make sure the central air system is effectively noise-controlled. The last thing you need is your heater or air conditioner keeping you and your camping neighbors up all night.
Insulation is even more important than your AC or heating system. Without good insulation, your RV will never be able to maintain a stable temperature no matter where you’re traveling.
Lastly, disreputable RV brands might choose to cut corners and use cheap low-quality tires. Tires are one of the most important elements to safe and comfortable towing and driving, especially in extreme weather. At Jayco, we choose to install high-quality name brand tires with rugged fabric-steel, higher speed ratings and greater carrying capacities.
- Explore your RV options. The very best RV makers offer several floorplans for every RV model they manufacture. It’s important for you to first sit down and evaluate exactly what you need out of your RV space and determine where you can be more flexible. To help our customers in their decision, we created a Jayco RV comparison resource so it’s easy to view all of our RV floorplans side by side. Lastly, you need to review the standard features included in the RV unit you wish to purchase. Ideally, you want your RV to have a solid foundation so you can avoid having to include standard features as add-ons.
- Make sure the RV brand offers reliable service. With any big purchase, it’s important to do some research beforehand. Before visiting an RV dealership, you can take a look at RV ratings from consumer reports and even sort those RV ratings by manufacturer, this way you go into the dealership armed with information.
What Are the Worst RV Brands?
Ultimately, determining which RV brand is the “worst” is a matter of opinion. However, there are several red flags to keep in mind when purchasing an RV. Here are just a few RV quality issues to watch out for before committing to a buyer.
- Non-walkable roof
- Flimsy walls
- Not having a called out strong warranty (12 months)
- Trailers that cannot handle inclement weather
Which Motorhome Is the Most Reliable?
When purchasing a motorhome, you should consider that driving a motorhome is completely different from driving a regular vehicle. Rvs are much larger and more difficult to navigate than your everyday car. This means that thoroughly assessing the features and usability of a motorhome is vital before you make a purchase. For example, the most reliable motorhomes have premium suspension systems and are supported by features that distribute weight as you turn and absorb road shock for a smooth and quiet ride. Below, you can view some features associated with the best motorhomes from Jayco.
Which Towable RV Is the Most Reliable?
Towable RV models vary in size, ranging from a few hundred pounds to several tons. Therefore, before you make an RV selection, buyers need to consider the reliability of the RVs tow and hitch capabilities and the capabilities of the vehicle they plan to use. In reality, your towable RV’s safety and reliability is directly connected to the tow vehicle you’re using. Aside from tow and hitch capabilities, there are many other factors to consider when assessing the quality of a towable RV. You can review the chart below to see some features associated with the best towable RV models from Jayco.
Safe. Reliable. Luxurious. That’s Jayco.
We get it, research can be a pain. If you’re looking for more information to inform your RV purchase decision, our Jayco Definitive RV Buyer’s Guide is an excellent starting point. If you have additional questions or want to learn more about what we offer at Jayco then feel free to connect with one of our dealers! We’re here to help you find the RV that will provide the travel experiences you’re looking for.